Friday, May 8, 2009

OMGGGGGGGG It's GSDS!

Finally.

Well, it certainly took them long enough, but Pokemon Gold's and Silver's imminent remakes have finally been officially confirmed! They are called Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon SoulSilver. Not bad, but I personally think they should have flipped them for GoldHeart and SilverSoul or kept the DawnGold and DuskSilver ideas, but whatever. I can't complain! At all! I'm psyched!

Well they just got announced in Japan, though, so we won't see them translated for a while. Since they're supposed to come out in Japan this fall, I'd wager that they show up in the U.S. 3rd or 4th quarter 2010. Just a guess.

I think the big question on everyone's minds is what they'll add to the remakes. I mean, FireRed and LeafGreen, while still definitely remakes, added the Sevii Islands to the mix (along with all the newer gameplay mechanics, of course) and even officially introduced Deoxys! Maybe Hg and Ss (as I will refer to them now in the same style as "Fr and Lg") will add some new Pokemon Formes? Maybe to correspond with the Arceus movie? Maybe. I'll go ahead and list some more stuff I'd like to see:

-Leaf added into the official plot - In the original G and S (and C), the protagonist (Red) and rival (Blue) from the original Red and Blue show up as a final battle in Mt. Silver and a replacement Gym Leader, respectively. Now that Fr and Lg have introduced a new female protagonist (or "Leaf"), I hope to see Hg and Ss put her somewhere in the story as well. In other news, we'll have Blue's name reconfirmed, so I can't wait (there's been controversey since he was called Green in Japan based off of Pokemon Green and since LeafGreen was called the same thing in all the world...)

-Maybe another region? - Now, G/S/C already have you traveling to Kanto after you beat the Elite Four the first time, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some bonus area added to their DS counterparts, much like with Fr and Lg. Maybe it could be one of the more recent regions re-added? Maybe Hoenn? Eh, probably not, but it's possible...

-Better Underground - Sinnoh introduced the Underground, so why not optimize it to the extreme? It could be Wi-Fi compatible, even! That'd be great.

...Wow, I expected that to end up longer. Oooooh well. I just want to hear them remix the Champion theme to epic DS proportions... I love that theme...

No comments:

Post a Comment